Why blog short when you can take time and tell the whole story?


 I made a start in this blog three days ago, and then I was seriously side tracked with other things.  But - no distractions today, I have done the essential things and am about to set to.

At the moment I’m on my bed with Daisy Dog and Honey Cat waiting for the upcoming storm.



Storm clouds gathering at the back of our house.

Some of the things getting in my way…

Curtains

I have needed “net” curtains for some time.  The ones that we inherited when we moved in have been long past their prime for ages.  I was lucky enough to spot someone who was selling some which were very much in keeping with our taste.  They replaced all existing nets and have given a fresh look to the windows.

My lady who helps me with difficult things was happy going up and down the ladder and hang all with a touch of ideas to set them apart.  I am very lucky to have her help me and take on stuff I find too difficult.

hair cut

Having been treated very badly by a hairdresser and being accused of  “that’s the trouble with English people” and “stamping out of her shop” having to leave her salon because I felt unwell (I was still struggling with the results of my hip operation, and finding difficult to walk!) I found myself without a local hairdresser.

Lo and behold the lady who helps me with the house is also a qualified hairdresser and offered to cut my hair.  Wonderful.

garden (as always) ….




 
The gardener who joined us recently has been a god send, polite, happy, inspirational and reliable - what more can I ask for.

signs for local hospice charity shop

I recently went to the charity shop which had moved into new premises.  It is one thing I miss about England, I think I am a bit of a charity shop queen.

Anyway, they had a lot of signs on rails, prices and so on, all hand written.  I asked the manageress if she would like me to print them from the computer.  She said yes and I was glad to do them.




Book Corner

A local bar/restaurant has a reading area which allows anyone to borrow books, read and return.  There is also a selection of board games.

Having helped the charity shop and really felt quite useful, I decided to ask at the restaurant if she would like me to come and give it a bit of a tidy up.  She said good idea and I plan to make my first visit tomorrow.

I am hoping by making an effort it will help my confidence level increase to where it needs to be.


Visit from my Bag Lady - with two new bags for me and my daughter 



I first met her and her husband about a year ago when I had asked if someone could help sort out my irrigation in the garden.

When I started the Backgammon 4 All club they came along to support and were really nice and friendly.

Sorry to say I am no longer involved, but I enjoyed putting in the effort to organise it.

One day I admired her tote bag and, long story short, she made one for me and gave it to me as a birthday gift!

Re- upholstered two chair seats with duvet set William Morris style material 



Never say never, not bad for a first attempt.  It stemmed from a kitchen stool I acquired some time ago that I had always intended to paint.  The seat needed reupholster and I needed some material.  Enter charity shop again.  When I was taking the photos for the signs I spotted a bed set - the rest, as they say, is a work in progress.

Well, that brings me up to date.  One thing which intrigues me is Singapore, Hong Kong and China are all viewing my blog, as well as UK and Cyprus.

Thank you all for taking the time, please feel free to leave comments.

Be back soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ho, Ho, Ho

Steps and Stairs