Ho, Ho, Ho

 Happy new year to all my lovely people who take the time to read my blog.  I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy conversing with you.

We have had an excellent time over the last few days, as they say “it just keeps on giving “.

We had to make some last minute adjustments to our plans due to me standing on a dog biscuit and suspecting I cracked a bone in my foot, which limited my mobility. 

After spending last Christmas with a leg in plaster I was determined not to have an X-ray as it would probably have to go to Paphos Hospital and be plastered again!

I don’t know how many of you have had the misfortune of the place but In my most opinion it is worst place to end up.

The joys of Osteoporosis are endless.

Anyway, our planned Christmas lunch out were cancelled and it was a quick shopping run for goodies.  First class leg of lamb and descent size chicken from Pambos the butcher and his very pleasant team, fresh veggies including the much loved brussels from Katies in Prodromi.  Saturday was an early doors run to Paps for all the other bits and bobs we needed.

We decided to treat ourselves to a cheese board.  Cheese is one of the things we have cut back on due to apparent profeiteering by some outrageous price increases.

Got a really nice selection from the deli counter and picked up some good mature cheddar from the chiller cabinet.

All set.

We decided on the chicken for Christmas Day.  Mr D is a great fan of Jamie Oliver, as am I, and picked up one of his recipes for what turned out to be the bees knees and definitely a new take on an old favourite.

Leisurely lunch, relax, lined up with a film we were looking forward to and our cheese board. 

No, no, no. All is not well.  Set cheese out with usual pickles etc and some rather scrumptious crackers we had discovered. 

Then opened up the pack of cheese and it was mouldy!

Yep.  

Well done the producer of this.  Took a couple of pics and, obviously, threw it in the bin.



Once I had cooled down we continued with the rest of the day.

Tuesday I went to the supermarket and was told company policy was they needed the actual item and there  was nothing they would do.

Unbelievable.  I did email the head office ‘customer service’ department expressing my disappointment at this but, surprisingly, I have not received a reply.

Having given them a few days to reply I have today mailed the cheese producer with the out line of events.

It is NOT about the money, it is the principle and the lack of any service whatsoever.  You know why they have the Cyprus Shrug, it saves them the trouble of actually offering a service of any sort and I hate that.

Rant well and truly over,

And breathe.

And I fell asleep during the film.

Comments are welcome, 

Thanks for reading.

Back soon.


Comments

  1. Oh no! Stinky cheese, and not in a good way. Hope the rest of the meal went OK though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Steps and Stairs