It is my eldest brother’s funeral today.

And I am completely unmoved.

My daughter is going to the funeral.

She barely remembers him from when she was little.

There has been no contact between him and us since my mum died in 1984.

There has, however, been some contact between his daughter with my sister and my daughter.

My thoughts are with her.

I am glad my daughter has gone today.

Lines must be kept open.

The weird thing is I am the only one left from the four siblings.

Today, my thoughts are with:

Robert George Trowbridge (1949 - 1965) (brother)

William Wilson (1909 - 1976) (grandfather)

Dorothy Lavinia Florence Trowbridge (1929 - 1984) (mother)

Roy William Henry Wilson (1928 - 1987) (maternal uncle)

Florence Ann Wilson (1907 - 1999) (maternal grandmother).

Susan Jane Grant - nee Trowbridge - (1957 - 2018) (sister)

Thoughts also go to all the people who are bereaved, that they can find the strength to remember the happy times they were able to have with their loved ones.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ho, Ho, Ho

Steps and Stairs