Positive Moves


I am now at a stage after my accident last October of making some positive decisions. 

That may sound a bit weak and feeble, but we have both had to deal with the aftermath of such a traumatic event in lots of ways we would never ever have thought about.

In my last blog I talked about distractions and it has helped me/us no end in getting some constructive routine together and getting some satisfaction from what I have been doing recently and taking things to the next level.

I enjoyed sorting out the‘Book Corner’ at a local bar, and got my first feeling of achievement for a long, long time.  

Having to rely physically on my husband has been frustrating, but thank goodness he is kind and patient and met the challenges with fortitude.

Having achieved the smallest of tasks has pushed me on with a fresh perspective of what I CAN do and believe it.

We ventured out last Sunday to the Tipsy Turtle, which is a local bar/restaurant in Argaka, to try their Sunday roast menu, which had recently been updated. 

What a treat.  Ann, the owner, greeted us and Lynn worked her magic with service.  The food was delicious and, although I have a small appetite, I ate the best part of the meal.  Definitely a must do if you don’t want to bother cooking, but best to make a reservation.

My biggest decision was to re-claim the backgammon club I set up about a year ago.  Obviously, when I was out of action, I could not carry on my part, not that the members really needed any taking care of.  

One member said they would step in so that all my hard work was not lost.  Very kind.  But when I contacted them a few weeks ago to say I was on the mend, feeling better and would like to be reinstated as an administrator I heard absolutely zero.

Well, I went ahead and created a new FB page, Backgammon 4 All (Take 2), contacted all the members to say I was back and looked forward to getting back together.  (I hope I can remember to play!)

I am looking forward to Saturday’s meeting and really hope to continue along this positive journey I am on.

I really enjoy the peace and tranquility of the garden and am grateful for the help and encouragement from my husband, daughter and not forgetting the gardener, couldn’t do it without any of you 

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ho, Ho, Ho

Steps and Stairs